Telepsychiatry is a video-based psychiatry that helps meet patients’ needs for convenient, affordable and readily-accessible mental health services. Research has indicated Telepsychiatry is well accepted and is as effective as treatment in person. Telepsychiatry is growing at a fast pace
Why choose telepsychiatry?
There are many advantages of telepsychiatry including
- Allows for loss of fewer hours of time off from school or work
- Reduce potential transportation barriers, such as lack of transportation or the need for long drives
- Reduce the barrier of stigma
- Allows for earlier intervention and prevents long term hospitalization down the road
- Provides aftercare for kids discharged from ER without proper outpatient aftercare setup, preventing rehospitalization
- Receive specialist care too hard to reach
How do I start the session?
You can start the session by clicking here to join Dr Memons room. If you are having trouble please give us a call at our office number at 609-601-4161.
Is the video conference secure?
Is the link HIPAA compliant?
Do I have to download software?
Do I have to register?
Do I need to set up an account?
How will I get my medications?
Your medications are electronically prescribed and will be directly sent electronically to your pharmacy
Anything I have to do to prepare for my sessions?
We do recommend that you take the weight of the patient on your weighing scale at home. Additionally, some patient who are prescribed some medications maybe asked to purchase a automatic blood pressure cuff for their home to take the blood pressure of the patient.